Wear comfortable and athletic clothing when ziplining, including closed-toe shoes with good traction, and avoid wearing jewelry or loose clothing. Ziplining is a thrilling activity that involves sliding down a cable while suspended high up in the air.
It’s an exhilarating way to experience the great outdoors and soak up some spectacular views. However, it’s essential to dress appropriately to ensure both safety and comfort during the adventure. The outfit you choose should be comfortable, athletic, and suitable for the climate and terrain.
It’s not recommended to wear loose clothing or any jewelry that might get caught in the zip line. Additionally, closed-toe shoes with good traction are a must to prevent slips and falls. In this article, we’ll discuss in detail what to wear when ziplining to ensure a fun and safe experience.
Essential Clothing For Ziplining
Comfortable, Close-Fitting Clothes
When ziplining, one of the most important things to consider is wearing comfortable, close-fitting clothes. Loose clothing such as baggy shirts and flowing dresses can get easily caught in the zipline’s pulleys or other equipment, which can be quite dangerous.
Additionally, close-fitting clothes allow you to move more freely and comfortably, which can enhance your overall experience. Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing clothes for ziplining:
- Wear clothes made from stretchy material that allows you to move freely.
- Avoid clothing that has embellishments such as buttons, zippers, or jewelry that can get caught in the equipment.
- Choose clothing that is appropriate for the weather and be prepared to layer up or down as needed.
Another important consideration when ziplining is wearing long pants. Not only do pants protect your legs from insect bites and scratches, but they also prevent direct contact with the zipline and equipment, which can be uncomfortable. Here are some additional tips for choosing pants for ziplining:
- Wear pants made from lightweight, breathable fabric to ensure comfort and ease of movement.
- Choose pants that are not too tight or too loose; a relaxed fit is optimal for the best experience.
- Avoid wearing shorts or skirts as they do not provide adequate leg protection.
Breathable, Moisture-Wicking Active Wear
While ziplining, you will likely be exerting yourself, so wearing breathable, moisture-wicking active wear is important. This type of clothing is designed to keep you cool and dry by wicking away sweat and moisture. Here are some things to keep in mind when selecting activewear for ziplining:
- Choose clothing made of moisture-wicking fabric like polyester, nylon or spandex which can wick away sweat from the skin and keep you cool and dry even in humid conditions.
- Avoid cotton clothing as it retains moisture and can quickly become damp and uncomfortable.
Sturdy And Comfortable Closed-Toe Shoes With Good Traction
Selecting proper footwear for ziplining can be just as important as selecting the right clothing. It is essential to wear closed-toe shoes with good traction to maintain stability while walking on the platforms or trails. Here are some tips to remember when choosing shoes for ziplining:
- Wear comfortable athletic shoes or hiking boots, which provide good support, traction, and grip on uneven terrain.
- Avoid shoes with heels, as they can easily get caught on the zipline or other equipment, and flip-flops that can fall off or slip while walking or running.
- Make sure that the shoes have a secure fit, but avoid wearing shoes that are too tight or too loose, as they can cause blisters or chafing.
Remember that choosing the right clothes and footwear for ziplining can make a significant difference in your overall experience. Keep these guidelines in mind when you plan your ziplining adventure to ensure that you are properly dressed and ready for an exciting day.
Additional Gear And Accessories For Ziplining
Safety Harness And Helmet
When it comes to ziplining, safety is paramount. For this reason, you must wear a safety harness and helmet at all times during your ziplining experience. Here are some key points to consider:
- Make sure to fit your harness correctly before starting the zipline. Your harness must fit snugly and be comfortable to wear.
- Always use a helmet that fits you well. It should not be too loose or too tight.
- Double-check that your harness and helmet are secure before taking off on the zipline.
Gloves For Grip And Protection
Ziplining can be hard on your hands, especially if you are traveling at high speeds. Therefore, it is advisable to wear gloves for grip and protection. Here are some key points to consider:
- Choose gloves with a good grip that will not slip off the zipline.
- Make sure that your gloves fit snugly and will not cause blisters or impede your movement.
- Consider gloves that provide additional protection against insect bites or sunburn.
Sunglasses Or Goggles For Eye Protection
During ziplining, you may encounter bugs, dust, and debris. For this reason, you should wear sunglasses or goggles to protect your eyes. Here are some key points to consider:
- Choose sunglasses or goggles that are shatterproof and have uv protection.
- Look for goggles that provide a comfortable fit and won’t shift during ziplining.
- If you wear prescription glasses, consider getting specially designed glasses that fit snugly over your glasses.
Sunscreen And Insect Repellant
Ziplining often takes place in the great outdoors, where you will be exposed to sun and insects. It’s best to come prepared with sunscreen and insect repellant. Here are some key points to consider:
- Choose a sunscreen with a high spf, preferably 30 or higher.
- Make sure that your sunscreen is water-resistant and will not come off during zipline.
- For insect repellant, choose one that contains deet and is effective against the type of insects you might encounter during zipline.
Camera Or Gopro For Capturing The Experience
Ziplining can be an unforgettable experience, so it’s worth capturing the moment. Bringing a camera or gopro is a great idea. Here are some key points to consider:
- Make sure that your camera or gopro has a good grip and won’t fly off during ziplining.
- Consider mounting your gopro on a chest harness for the best view.
- Keep in mind that you may want a waterproof camera or gopro if ziplining over water.
Ziplining can be an exhilarating experience that requires proper clothing and gear to ensure safety. By wearing a safety harness and helmet, gloves, sunglasses or goggles, sunscreen, insect repellant, and bringing a camera or gopro, you’ll be able to have the best experience possible.
Frequently Asked Questions On What To Wear When Ziplining?
What Is The Recommended Clothing For Ziplining?
Comfortable clothing with closed-toe shoes is recommended. Avoid loose and dangling items.
Can I Wear Jewelry Or Accessories While Ziplining?
It is not recommended to wear jewelry or accessories that can get tangled or lost.
What Should I Do If The Weather Is Bad?
Check with the zipline operator for their weather policy. They may reschedule or offer refunds.
As you prepare for your upcoming ziplining adventure, it’s important to remember that what you wear can significantly impact your experience. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a first-time zipliner, dressing appropriately can ensure a comfortable and safe trip. By wearing comfortable, moisture-wicking clothing, closed-toe shoes with good traction, and securing long hair and loose accessories, you’ll be ready to soar through the trees with ease.
Additionally, don’t forget to consider the weather conditions and bring any necessary weather gear. With the right outfit, you’ll be able to fully immerse yourself in the thrill of ziplining without any distractions or discomfort. So, take these tips with you and enjoy a fantastic ziplining experience!